From the 1st January 2021 our trading relationship with the UK changed fundamentally. One of the most important issues facing Irish businesses is that exporting goods to or importing goods from the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) now requires a customs declaration.
Ensure that your company has the capacity to deal with the new customs procedures by availing of the Ready for Customs grant.
The Ready for Customs grant
The Ready for Customs grant will assist your business to increase its capacity to manage the customs process after 1st January 2021.
- Up to €9,000 is available for each new full-time employee engaged in customs work.
- If you employ a new person to deal with customs on a part-time basis a grant of up to €4,500 is available.
- This grant contributes to recruitment costs, employee costs and provision of IT infrastructure.
The Ready for Customs grant is open to companies which are directly engaged in business activities to, from, or through the UK and which will require new or increased customs clearance capacity. These include enterprises that:
- Are providing freight, haulage, logistics services to, from or through the UK or
- Are providing customs intermediary services or
- Are directly engaged in business activities with or through the UK
Check your eligibility in the Ready for Customs T&Cs before applying.